Thursday, September 4, 2014

Social media/ News

I usually get all my news from twitter and if the story is important of interesting enough I go to check them on news sites. I don't know what to trust honestly, I pretty much only trust the articles that present me with hard hitting evidence and data. I also pick up the Express newspaper when I am on my way to school in the morning as well as listening to NPR radio in the car with my mom (by force). Sometimes when I scroll Worldstarhiphop they have some video clips from the news that I watch.

Credible sources would be newspapers like the New York Times, the Washington Post. News sources that aren't credible would be the National Enquirer, and other tabloid sources. The Washington post is a legit corporation that provides their readers with proof of the stories they right about. Tabloids publish speculation articles with no evidence or data because they're writing to keep someone entertained and not to present real factual news.

I am a social media content creator because I voice my opinions on certain things on my social media page. I do go on rants about different subjects every once in a while and when I do people respond to me with their thoughts on that particular subject as well. From that small interaction other people reading the conversation form and share their opinions and then it becomes a hot topic on social media. I am also a social media content contributor because I share my thoughts on other hot topics someone else may have started.

No comments:

Post a Comment